Thursday, September 6, 2012

Sam's vs Walmart

I know this is a poor excuse to blog, but I had to share what happened tonight! I opened a Sam's Club membership account! JB was such a good sport- he went with me for the entire 2 hours I spent wandering around this awesome place. (He was really only interested in the free samples, but then again, who isn't??)

The observing/exploring part of the trip was great! It was the buying part I had complications with. Like the fact that EVERYTHING is in bulk. I thought they had some stuff that wasn't. But I was mistaken. Even the onions!! I don't need 25 onions Sam!
So we get to the checkout and I have only marked 5 things off my grocery list because everything else I needed (like sour cream and ground ginger) would not be needed in a pack of 50. Clearly, I have GOT to learn how to shop at this great place more efficiently.

So then, after we spent the better part of the afternoon (and the better part of our bank account) at the "Club" as I call it, I had to brave Walmart to finish my shopping list. Strangely, Wally World seemed so tame and cheap compared to my mega shopping earlier today! Maybe because I only bought one of everything... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment