Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Reminiscing

I am up at 11:45. JB is sound asleep beside me and everything is so quiet.  Maybe if I get some thoughts written down and out of my head, I can fall asleep :).

I have been in a nostalgic mood all day today. This morning at 8:30, I decided to put on my wedding gown, lace bolero, and veil. Just to relive that beautiful outfit. I haven't put any of these things on since our wedding day, a year and a half ago. I don't know why I waited until now. But it was wonderful. I think I love my dress even more now than I did on our wedding day. I would love to have pictures made in it again.. Is that crazy? (I never had bridals- so maybe it's justifiable??).  Anyway, tonight I have been looking through all wedding pictures on my laptop. Well, it started out as wedding pictures, but I have gradually made my way to every single picture I have saved on my computer! My goodness, what a journey the last few years have been! The Lord has truly been gracious to me. I have had the best experiences I could have ever dreamed. Some people have passed in and out of my life, making lasting impacts. Other's I am blessed to see quite frequently.  I wish I had more pictures to capture more moments I know existed. Those will have to be pondered and secretly stashed away forever in my memory. So here are some pictures I have pulled. I know there are alot.  But I want to thank each and every person in these pictures (and LOTS who are not pictured) who shared these different occasions with me. Some of these pictures are my very favorite memories!
Me and my summer sisters- Birmingham AL

Lindsey and I enjoying halloween (and cookies of course) with our boyfriends

The morning after our wedding

The night my sis, B, was crowned Lady in Waiting

Sweet E.E. with me in a hardware store, getting supplies for an infamous project

Our best "couple friends"! :)

Thankful for the chance to get to know this wonderful lady of the Lord! 

UM intramurals

Some of my favorite boys

The day JB proposed

Dinner and game night at my house

UM formal

A great memory from an epic road trip to PA! 

Roughin' it (camping) with my favorite friend, L. 

This was during the week of my 21st bday. Spending a summer night on the porch.

Sushi! 

Date night at La Pizzeria with my love

Me and my beautiful sissy

These girls were so influential! Blessed to have had them as bridesmaids!

Honeymoonin' in Gatlinburg

Graduation day! 

JB and I graduated on the same day! From 2 different universities. 

Engagement session with a fabulous photographer, Neal. 

When we first saw each other on our wedding day.  What a sweet moment.

At the alter. 

I love this man!!! 

Our first dance- "Easy to Love"

JB in the hospital for knee surgery

Dorm life! 

Vandalism? Na.. just a little prank! 

Such a fun night with "my boys"
Sweet Michelle! Met at SDEA 

Mud fight at youth camp! One of many many youth camp memories.



I guess one of the great things about memories is that you will always have them. And you can always make more. I pray the next 4 years are as happy as the last 4. Thank you, God, for the blessings (people!) you have placed in my life!! 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing Emily. I feel like a got a glimpse into your life by your pictures. You are so beautiful and you look like you have a great group of friends. it makes me want to go get my picture albums and look throug them w the kids. I often reminisce but usually w/out pictures.
    I hope you are having a great summer!

    ReplyDelete