Thursday, December 9, 2010

Life Lately

Whew! I have been so busy lately! Hence the lack of blogging. I have been able to put lots of checks in my Vera Bradley planner, however!!

I have taken a job teaching k-4 starting in January and just finished my five days of training! Looks like every day will be very eventful :) I am so thankful for a job, though, and good people to work with.

Last weekend I had a wonderful time with some of my bridesmaids at our bachelorette party! I absolutely LOVE these ladies and could not be more thankful for their friendship.   We sounded like a bunch of middle school girls giggling the night away, but we will definitely have some life-long memories from the weekend!

John and I started moving stuff into our apartment as well! All the big stuff at least- including our new couch! Which I am so excited about! It is officially the only piece of furniture in the entire apartment that is new, picked out by us, and impractical (due to it's light coloring, it's not very sensible, but I don't care! It's my favorite!).  We unpacked the kitchen and were astonished by how many wonderful utensils and gadgets we have received! So now my goal is to learn how to use them and be a wonderful cook!

And the best is last- we bought our first Christmas tree!!!!!!!!! And it's real! And smells wonderful! And we bought it from a Christmas tree lot where there were lights and a fire in a barrel! John calls me crazy, but I was so happy to have the "full experience".  So we picked the tree out at night, got it to the apartment with two of our very best friends, L and W, and decorated it with our genuine Wal-Mart ornaments.  John let me pick the colors (well, almost- he said no to pink) which were silver, lime green, and "snowflake" blue.  We realized, though, that we only had one strand of lights- and it was a mini strand, which means it wrapped around our skinny tree only 3 times, ha! And the ornaments are on the small size. And the tree has a rather large "hole" in it... Sooooo.. I'm going to see what I can do to spruce it up this weekend! I'll post pictures of the results!

No comments:

Post a Comment