Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Welcome December!

This morning I happily rolled out of bed, threw on my jeans and t-shirt, and thought to myself "Today is the perfect day to wear my University of Mobile Alumni sweatshirt".  So I threw it on and headed out the door to my closing seminar at UM, where we finalized paperwork and said goodbye to our sweet professors.  I can honestly say that I had a wonderful college experience there.  Transferring was one of the best decisions I ever made! And taking Bro. Craig's advice helped too :). He always said if made friends with/bothered the important people, they could find me scholarship money! 

So tonight I am sitting in front of a blazing fireplace with my family.  We just finished eating a special dinner my mom made in honor of my last official day. I even got to eat on our childhood blue plate.  This was a tradition when Brooke and I were growing up.  Any time we had a special day- it was our birthday, we did well on a test, received some sort of award, etc.- we got to eat our dinner off of the blue plate that night.  John thinks this is a hilarious family quirk, but I love it and plan to do it with my own kids someday.

Speaking of John, bless his heart, he has two, long, grueling weeks of school left.  Then he will be down to his final three engineering classes next semester that he is hoping won't be very difficult.  I am amazed that some of his teachers this semester have NO hearts, compassion, or understanding.  Throughout mine and John's college experiences, it has made me vow to be a good teacher.  Someone who is kind and loves her job.  I am determined to take pride in my work and do what's best for the whole classroom.  If I ever stop doing this, I will be quitting.  I don't ever want to turn into a teacher like John has this semester.  But on the bright side, in a few short months, we will both be graduates and have school behind us! Praise the good LORD.

1 comment: