Thursday, December 16, 2010

Me vs. Society

Tanning, teeth whitening, exercising, pedicures, manicures, makeup consultations, hair run-throughs, fussing over the wedding dress, practicing my walk in the wedding heels, learning to use hair spray with the hot rollers, practicing my gel eye liner, and researching the best lip gloss.... This has been my life lately!! And I feel so VAIN!!!  I think this is the way our society prepares for a wedding though. And I have fallen into the madness of it all. Well, I have decided to enjoy it as much as I can, and then never do many of these things again- Take that society ha!! (Except the occasional pedi- they are my fav... and I guess I should exercise too).  For some reason, I like being oppositional, even if they are things I would normally like doing occasionally. (Shout out to L.G.!) Just one of my many quirks I guess.

Seriously though, this past week has been such a blur.  Sweet family has come in town to visit and we are having a blast being busy together.  I can't believe this chapter of my life is almost over.  I am trying to enjoy every minute and not get stressed at the same time.  I am excited to sit back and soak it all in- hopefully I can get away for a little while between now and Saturday.  Because the reality is, this is a HUGE covenant. With my GOD, as well as JB. It is one of the biggest promises I will make in my lifetime.  Sometimes I feel like that movie- 13 going on 30. I feel like I'm still so young, just living in an older version of me's body.  Anyone feel like this too?

I can honestly say, however, that with my sweet Savior and loving husband-to-be, I am not afraid. I am conscious that times will be difficult, but I know with these two best friends, I will be able to keep my promise and be faithful to the Lord.  With HIM, I can live the "good" life, not according to society's definition, but according to God's.  And that, I am truly excited about! Serving with John is better than serving by myself any day.  Marriage- here I come!

1 comment:

  1. A happy marriage is the union of two good forgivers. ~Ruth Bell Graham

    You and JB are beginning your marriage with the greatest perspective by looking at it from God's point of view. That is why your ceremony will truly be a worship service as you celebrate what the Lord has done. Your relationship has been and will continue to be a light to other couples who want to see a Kingdom couple in action. Relax, rejoice, and relish in this experience! You are special!

    ReplyDelete